Partnership with Challenge Success
Chaminade College Preparatory has partnered with Challenge Success, a non-profit, school reform organization affiliated with the Stanford University Graduate School of Education. Our partnership will help Chaminade implement practical, research-based tools and strategies to create a more balanced and academically fulfilling life for our students.
A Strategic School-wide Initiative
Over the course of our history, Chaminade has periodically undergone an examination of its mission and priorities to improve student learning and engagement with optimal efficiency and impact. Our current Loving, Learning, and Leading Together Strategic Plan 2017-2024 includes six priorities that lay out a thoughtful path forward to support all of our students. As such, Chaminade is focusing on Priorities 3 and 4, advancing curricular excellence and leveraging our commitment to family spirit to support student emotional health and well-being. The rationale behind this priority is attributed to a dramatic increase in such areas as depression, anxiety, lack of sleep, and over-scheduling.
Opportunities to Improve Student Well-Being at Chaminade
A leadership team meets regularly with a Challenge Success coach to implement opportunities for growth based on quantitative and qualitative data that focuses on a more balanced life for our students:
- Institute a later start-time
- Audit the school schedule
- Increase academic support
- Reduce the homework load
- Incorporate flexible homework due dates
- Evaluate and redesign learning assessments to better measure student learning
- Incorporate diverse perspectives in the school curriculum that respect the identities and lived experiences of all students
- Incorporate anti-racism training/learning for faculty, staff, and students
Challenge Success Resources
“The essential is the interior.” –Blessed William Joseph Chaminade