What is the House System?
The purpose of the House System is to further enhance the mission of the school by developing Marianist leaders among the students, strengthening the school community, and promoting character education. The house activities will also focus on the characteristic of Marianist education selected for the year, with the focus on Family Spirit for the 2016-2017 school year.
Major House Events
- House Meetings- a chance for all three grade levels to come together to get to know each other and build school spirit
- Spirit Week Activities- to celebrate homecoming, each house will compete at the rally by decorating their seating area to fit the selected theme
- Catholic Schools Week Activities- various activities are planned to celebrate the gift of Catholic education
- Founders’ Day/Field Day- houses complete in 5 athletic events and demonstrate house spirit through chants and cheers from the sidelines
- 8th Grade House Picnic- as a way to close the year, our 8th graders are celebrated with a popsicle party on the 8th grade lawn
Houses Build Character
Each of the 8 houses promote a pillar of character by coordinating school wide announcements and character challenges throughout the year. The pillars of character are assigned as follows:
- Pillars of Character Focus Months:
- August/Sept- Responsibility- Hunter
- October- Trustworthiness- Matthews-Rauser
- November- Citizenship- Arnold-Crowe
- December- Caring- Johnson
- January- Fairness- Smith
- February- Respect- Mussack
- March- Honor- Thompson
- April/May- Family Spirit- Adams-DeLong
Points will be awarded throughout the year for various activities. The house with the most points will be awarded the House Cup, a perpetual trophy. House Cup points are given out for 1st honors at 1st semester, student participation in clubs and athletics, accelerated readers, selected Apostolic Works events, and Founders’ Day House Field Day events. Periodic updates on the House Cup Challenge will be shared in the CTW (Chaminade this Week) and on the slideshow in the student center.